Israeli forces operating in the West Bank city of Jenin, Jan. 18, 2018. Photo: Reuters / Mohamad Torokman.

Israeli forces shot dead at least one Palestinian during a raid in the West Bank on Tuesday that led to confrontations with stone-throwers, Palestinian health officials said.

An Israeli military spokeswoman declined immediate comment.

Israeli media reported that Israeli forces entered the city of Nablus as part of a search for a terrorist who fatally stabbed an Israeli man at the entrance to Ariel on Monday.

The terrorist is an Arab citizen of Israel and reports said his father is a Nablus resident.

The Palestinian Health Ministry said Israeli fire killed one Palestinian and wounded 29 others in the Nablus raid. The Palestinian Red Crescent ambulance service said stone-throwers had clashed with the troops.

Earlier on Tuesday, Israeli forces killed a Palestinian gunman in the village of Yamoun and said he was the head of a terrorist cell responsible for an attack in which an Israeli man was shot dead on Jan. 9.

Israel had been looking for the final member of the cell which it said murdered Rabbi Raziel Shevach in a drive-by shooting. Commandos had already killed one of the terrorists involved and captured another.

Powered by WPeMatico